12/24/12: 2nd Prize, Stonethread Publishing, SpecFic II Anthology Contest, “The Things You Can Create”
4/18/16: Editor’s Choice Award, Best New Writing 2017, “One Headlight”
11/4/16: Finalist, Pitch 2 Publication contest, The Order of the Key
Things You Can Create ~ Published in the speculative fiction anthology Things You Can Create ~ Kelly Marin is a writer who loves to put her characters through harrowing adventures and stunning plot twists, but as she sets out to end her series, she stumbles upon a plot twist of her own. Her characters don’t agree with her ending – and they will do whatever is necessary to change it.
One Percent ~ Published in Issue 1 of The Greenwich Village Literary Review ~ Tina had everything in her life balanced out perfectly until a visit to the doctor prompts the discovery of her severe scoliosis. Tina needs surgery and the chances of survival are 99%, but the type of surgery means the stakes are high. Can Tina come to terms with the possibility of being in the remaining 1%?
Choosing to Stand Still ~ Published in the Fall 2014 issue of The Holiday Cafe, and again at Fiction on the Web in August 2017 ~ Katie and Matty had the enduring friendship most people only dream about – until a conversation with one of Matty’s exes completely changes how she sees him and drives their friendship off the rails.
One Headlight ~ Published in Hopewell Publishing’s yearly anthology Best New Writing. ~ Four high school friends cope with the loss of one of their own in a car accident as they try to repair the car she crashed in. Winner of the 2017 Editor’s Choice Award.
Blue Ice ~ Published in the 2017 Spring issue of The Corvus Review. A woman is forced to face her beloved sister’s husband and abuser at his funeral, in a world where the dead come back for a limited time to say their goodbyes.
The Peace of Completion and Release ~ A story about desire…but not the kind you’re thinking of. ~ Published in Twisted Sister Literary’s Not the Noir Issue.
I joined the staff of Sucker Literary for Volume 3 and am proud to be a part of the literary staff that created this incredible anthology. ~ Bullied and alone, Ainsley seeks refuge in the arms of a strange boy. Time is slipping away for overachieving Sadie Lin, but reigniting an old flame might help. Scarred by a pressuring ex, Alexandra finally faces the rain. “Pasty and chubby” Charlotte makes a public play for the “Tan and Smooth” king. The beautiful girl in the black, lacy push-up bra says that it’s time for Brenn to stop lying . . . at least to herself. A halfway house is no home for Dawn—or is it? How will Dana survive knowing everyone at school thinks she’s a monster, when they just may be right? JJ and her crush finally get a moment alone—at his girlfriend’s hottest party of the year. Sixteen-year old Sarah prepares for her first day of school by chaining up her Mamí in her bedroom. Alyssa’s life is a well-rehearsed ballet until a tragedy sends her hurtling towards a fall. Loving a boy is as simple as chemistry . . . unless that boy is an unstable element.
Eleven stories that delve into the depths of our experience—driven by fierce and untouched love that makes us seek, lose, fear, desire, long, reflect, survive, steal, protect, fall, and confess.