Welcome to the summer of Pieces of the Puzzle! This is a little update on what I’ve been up to and what I’ve been reading all summer long.
– I joined the July edition of CampNanoWriMo and managed to write twice my projected word count! If you are looking to sign up for the next National Novel Writing Month, check it out, here.
– I have spoken my Urban Fantasy, Order of the Key, and my Romantic Comedy, Legally Insane, on this blog before. The first drafts of both of these novels are now complete. It’s time to start throwing myself into edits and start outlining my next novels!
– It’s been awhile, but I’ve written a review! Check out my review of Man of Steel here.
– If you’re interested in following my life in picture format, follow me on Instagram. My username is @justine_manzano.
– My little sister, another writer, has started a blog. Check it out here!
– Zoraida Cordova is a talented Young Adult writer who writes about merpeople. She also just happens to be my friend and was once my college classmate in two writing classes. I just finished the second book in her Vicious Deep trilogy, The Savage Blue, and it left me scrambling for more! Check out my review for the first book of the series here. And, seriously, READ THIS SERIES. If you like fantasy and adventure, you’ll like this.
– Working on edits to your stories like I am? Check out these great tips to get rid of repetitive statements.
– Here’s another great article about editing. Check out novelist Patricia Gussin’s list of things to look for in each reread of your novel.
– One of my favorite fandom influences, Joss Whedon, discussed his top ten writing tips here. They are mostly geared towards screenplay writing, but there is much information to be gleaned from the article.
– Getting together your fiction query letter? I will be, very soon. So here is a link to one that works, with a very nice analysis of why.
Okay, that’s all for this month. Check out my next post in two weeks, where I discuss the debate of writing vs. income. Take care all!